|Wed March 19, 2014 10:52AM (PDT)|
A map displaying historical seismicity (>Mag 3) within 50 Km of a queried earthquake. If you would like to customize a catalog search please visit our custom search page.
Historic Map Legend
The sizes of symbols scale with earthquake magnitude, and their color with either the age of the earthquake relative to the one starred or its depth, as shown in the legend below, and selected in the panel to the right of the map. Clicking on an earthquake symbol shows its basic information and a link to a page with more details about the individual earthquake. Probable surface explosions (usually due to quarrying or road building) are shown as stars.
Historic Eqs Map Panel
Using the tools in this panel you can control the earthquakes shown on the map. The minimum magnitude to plot is selected by the slider. The "Time" and "Depth" determines whether earthquake age or depth are used to color the symbol.
- 1) To begin, click the "Draw" button
- 2) Click a point on the map, this will be the left side of the cross-section.
- 3)Click a second point on the map, this will be the right side of the cross-section.
- 4) Drag square on line to include events to plot.
- 5) Select plot type and depth constraint if any.
- 6) Click "Plot"
Events on map
|Mag||Time (Local)||Depth (Km)|